Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'm bored...lets go to the doctor

I just took David to the Dr because I was getting worried about his rash problem. It turns out it isn't chicken pox, which is good. He isn't contagious, and so he can go back to daycare and I don't have to worry about Lana getting it. He has "erythema multiforme minor" ... yeah, I had no idea what that meant either. He gave me a print out of his medical book that described it, which was pretty in depth and "medical" so I will try to share what it said in normal words. He has had a reaction that is kind of like hives, but more severe I guess. The individual lesions will resolve probably in about a week, but more may appear in crops for as long as 2-3 weeks. The doctor really didn't know what caused them because he has had so much stuff going on lately. It could be viral, or it could be a reaction to amoxycillin that he had been given for his ear infection. It could also be a reaction to his MMR vaccination that he had a week ago. The treatment is all the same though. I can give him benadryl which will hopefully make him sleep well too. We are going to avoid amoxycillin, which we have to do for Lana anyway. I am not sure what we are doing about the vaccination though, because he needs another one of those in 4 years. The doctor is going to think about that one for a while I think. Anyway, hopefully my poor little boy will be feeling better soon and won't be trying to itch his skin off anymore. :( Some prayers are certainly appreciated!

1 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger Trish said...

The poor little guy... at least Lana and the kids at daycare can't get it. He'll be in our thoughts and prayers though! Love you all, Trish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home