Friday, June 23, 2006

Good health is on the way!

Today we went to the pediatrician's office and got some answers! My poor little kids!!! David has a double ear infection which explains the fever and nasty diapers, and they both have pink eye. Lana has a mild ear infection in her right ear and she has some kind of problem in her lungs. The paper work says "bronchospasm", and the Dr. told me that it is like asthma, but this doesn't necessarily mean she will have asthma. They happened to get weighed while they were there, and David is 21 lbs 8 oz, and Lana is 22 lbs. It is funny though, because David feels so much bigger than Lana, but I guess it is just his build. Anyway, they are both on lots of medication that will hopefully make them much happier and healthier soon! I asked him if he thought I should go to a doctor too for my lack of a voice, and he thinks it is laryngitis and you can't treat it anyway, so I didn't go. Poor Jeremy woke up with a headache and sore throat and stuffy nose today...all I can say is "good luck honey!"
Here are my poor kids tonight...they had a rough day at the doctors, and then waiting for their prescriptions to be filled. They are just plain worn out! So I let them watch "Naughty Malificent" (Sleeping Beauty) and neither one moved a whole lot. Hopefully they will get a very good nights sleep!
Can you see how red and yucky Lana's left eye looks? I feel so bad for them!
Well, I wanted to add happier pictures too! Lana and David made daddy a present for Father's Day, and Lana did almost all of the work herself! We mixed up some salt dough (Lana stirred) and then here she is rolling it out. They both made hand prints (David's took several attempts because he always wanted to grab it instead). After it baked and hardened, Lana painted it really pretty! She was so proud of herself!
We went to Ocala to visit some friends on Father's Day, Lana had fun running around chasing Noah and Emma (4 and 2), and David and his buddy Aidan (6 months I think) would look at each other and laugh. Aidan liked to take David's pacifier out of his mouth for him, which wasn't the best for their friendship!!! Unfortunately all of the kids (with the exception of Lana at that time) were sick. But thankfully they are all on their way to recovery. :)
Here is Lana painting Daddy's present. It isn't quite done yet, but she had so much fun making him something for his special day! When she got to give him his presents, she said "Here daddy, you like it right?" and she was all smiles. We're so proud!

2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger ArtGeek said...

ahhh nothing beats pink eye.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I sure hope that you guys feel better soon! Ally had a stomach bug and it was my first time dealing with watery diapers and vomiting. One of those joys of parenting... :)

I love you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home