Saturday, May 20, 2006

David's rotten first birthday

So today is David's first birthday and he is sick. :( He has had disgusting things coming out of him all day today and has a little fever. I feel so bad for him! He can't keep any food down, but hopefully after a good nights sleep (and most of the day too) he will feel better tomorrow. When he was awake he surprised me by being pretty happy! He played for a while and then would whine when he was tired again. But he has been doing something that I think is so cute, even though I know I need to teach him not to... he drops things (especially his food) on the floor and says "uh-oh!" He even claps his hands sometimes! Oh, I love him! Lana and I had a lot of time to play today since he was sleeping so much so here are pics from today:

Lana and I were pretending to sleep, and she thought it was so funny that she would keep opening up her eyes! What a cutie!
This might require a bit of an explanation...the people who sold us this house didn't water the grass for several weeks and so the grass all died...so they had to pay to get the whole thing redone. They are supposed to lay the sod tomorrow. Anyway, they left their bobcat in our backyard all day Thursday and Friday so Lana played in the sand *oh, excuse me, the "beach"* while David had his nap. (I am afraid he would eat the sand instead of play in it) She had fun making sandcastles and poking her finger in the side and making windows.
Happy 1st Birthday David!!! He loves his firetruck toy from papa and gamma and was making the truck noises and everything! He had a pretty crappy day I'm afraid, but at least he played a little bit. My poor little punkin! (Oh, that furniture in the background was from our neighbors. I am thinking of reupholstering it.)
Daddy giving David his birthday hugs before he heads to work. (He decided he needed a change and had me cut his hair off. It definitely had to all be one length because as we all know, I am no beautician!) David always gets so excited when he sees his daddy! I think those are the moments when he crawls the fastest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home