Sunday, May 21, 2006

being here

Last night I watched a wonderful movie that mom and dad got for my birthday. I don't know if everyone has already seen it- Last Holiday, starring Queen Latifah- I loved it! It really made me think about my life and how I spend the time that I have. It also immediately made me think of a sermon by Rob Bell where he talked about being "fully present". I think often we are all a bit sidetracked and distracted. We think about what we have or haven't done and about what we should and shouldn't do...we are often so busy looking at stuff in front or behind of us that we never pay attention to now. We never just be. I want to soak in every moment and enjoy being here. I want to appreciate all of the time that God has given me. I want to enjoy just playing with my kids and to pay attention to all of the ways that God declares his love for me (for all of us).
I love where we live because at night you can see so many stars, it is incredible! I love the nature and the weather. I love my wonderful family and all of you reading this! -If you haven't watched that movie, I highly recommend it, it made me feel so good! (And for all of you that want a little inspiration, I have a great idea for you! Log on to the Mars Hill website www.mhbcmi.org and download the sermon from May 14, 2006! We still listen every week, and that week just blew me away and makes me want to make the world a better place! So click on the listen button and then click on mp3...you'll be glad you did! It will make you want to change the world!)

So anyway, I guess this was all just a great reminder for me to live each day to the fullest. :)

Oh, also, I think David is feeling better. He ate a little breakfast and lunch without incident so that is good! He has been sleeping a lot but his fever is gone. YEA! Hopefully he will be back to his hungry self again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home