Sunday, September 10, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Wow, it has been a long time since I updated this! We had a great time at home seeing everyone! Two weeks really go by quickly though. :( We are getting all settled back down here. It felt like home in Michigan, and now being in our own space again feels like home too. It is nice, our friendly neighbors are all coming back from up north where they spend their summer months, so it won't seem so quiet anymore. Lana was excited to sleep in her own bed again, and David is happy to see his favorite toy cars he can ride. Well, here are some pictures from our trip...I am not the wonderful photographer my sister-in-law Trista is, but if you want to see great pictures of the 4 kids playing, check out her website at team-meat.blogspot.com ... hopefully mine are good enough for your viewing pleasure :)
Our wonderful friends Megan and Alan who have been very, very missed!!!
Jeremy's mom (Nanny) with Jacob. He is such a little sweetie, I loved getting lots of hugs from him, and chasing him around and laughing lots. Lana was so happy to play with him again, and David really thought he was funny. Jeremy and Jacob always have a good time together... play wrestling and chasing and stuff like that, Jacob LOVES it! We are so lucky to have him as our nephew!
Here are our other wonderful friends Alexis and Sam with Eli and David :) They liked to take things from each other and talk to each other...Eli was a BIT louder than David! We had a great time seeing them and Alan and Megan again. We missed our weird conversations and our deep ones too. We missed all of the eating we always do together...(somehow I think I am always hungry!) We are looking forward to Christmas when baby #2 arrives, and Alexis even let me talk to her belly! :)
We had so much fun with our families! Here we are with Mark and Trista and Gramma! We went to Fredrick Meijer Gardens and had a fun day with all of the kids: Ethan, Abby, David and Lana. Abby and Ethan could run pretty fast, and Lana was trying, and she thought she was quick ("look at me! I'm so fast!") but she was WAY behind, so Trista would have to yell "red light" and Abby and Ethan would both freeze so Lana could catch up. They are all so cute! I loved getting snuggled by Ethan and getting Abby's fast hugs before she had to go play with something else! They loved having Uncle Jeremy make them "fly" and chase after them, and all four kids seemed so happy to spend time with each other again. I love seeing them play together and laughing together again! It was fun!
Lana loves her papa! He played with Lana and Jacob and David a lot and showed Lana all of the pretty flowers he and Nanny planted all around their yard. She told me "Papa's SO funny, huh?" We miss you already!
Here we are with Jeremy's brother, Dan and his wifey, Becky. We always have so much fun with them and have lots of opportunities to laugh at Jeremy and Dan's competetiveness. (is that even a word?) Oh, this is before Nanny convinced me to cut my hair off...but I am glad, I like my new hairdo...I'll have to post a picture of that next time I update this.
Grandpa and Grandma Quist got our grumpy kids for this picture! (it was bedtime) I am so glad we got to see them a couple of times while we were home, we had a really great time! I can't believe we never got around to having a huge bonfire this time, but we won't make that same mistake again. :) It was fun to hang out, even though Dad took Jeremy's money from golf and darts, we still really enjoyed it! And we even got to catch cool bugs there in Lana and David's bug boxes...like a huge praying mantis for example. We loved our trip, and can't believe how quickly the time seemed to fly by! For all of you readers we got to see in Michigan...we love you so much and loved our time with you, and we miss you all already! Come see us when you get a chance!

1 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Blogger Trista said...

We had a great time with you! I'm glad we could spend time with you, and the kids could play again. They get more and more fun together as they get older!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home