Monday, February 13, 2006

My Seven Songs

So, my sister-in-law, Trista, wants me to write about 7 songs that I really enjoy listening to lately. I guess it is like a game of tag in blogger land. She listed her 7 and then asked friends and family to do the same. So here it goes...

1. "Wherever I May Roam"-Metallica
Ok so I just LOVE this song...and most Metallica songs. I can't help but crank it up and wish I was cool enough to play the guitar or drums!
2. The Veggie Tales Theme Song
Lana has been asking daddy and me to sing this a lot lately...she is doing pretty well singing it herself! It makes me smile and laugh every time...I love her!
3. "Can't Help Falling In Love"-Elvis
Ahhhh....anytime I want to relax and go to a "happy place" I listen to Elvis and it makes me feel so much better...it almost has the same effect on my mood as ice-cream does!
4. I actually don't know the name of this song...we sing it at Mars Hill where guys sing one part and altos another and sopranos another...Alan and Megan would know what I am talking about, I love it! "All praises be...to the King of kings...and the Lord of lords...He is wonderful!"
5. "Glory Box"-Portishead
Like my very wise brother Mark...I love anything by Portishead (and by the Cranes while we are on the subject) I listened to this song the other day and had to dance around...I love it! Something must be wrong with my poor sister-in-law Trista to not like their voices! ;)
6. "Seven Nation Army"-The White Stripes
Awesome! I always have to dance to this one...so now Lana dances to it too! Unfortunately I think the rest of the album kind of sucks...maybe one of those one hit wonders I guess.
7. "Rock-a-bye a Bear"-the Wiggles
Ok, so I'm a dork...but it is actually catchy, and Lana dances and sings to it pretty well! It makes me think of my family...We were introduced to that song by Mark and Trista and their cute kids Abby and Ethan. All the kids would dance to it and make the rest of us laugh and smile! I know that my parents loved watching how cute they all were, and Dad would sing it to watch them do the motions. ohhhh *warm fuzzies*

So I guess I enjoy quite a variety...I wonder what my other friends and family like to listen to lately...Hmmm...Alan, Megan, Sam, Alexis, Andy, Janis, Josh, and Brandi...are you up to the challenge?

3 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Go girl! "Glory Box" was really close to making it on my list... but I just like "Roads" a smidge more! It wouldn't have been good to have both on my list!

:)

It's a good list!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Now I've found you! You're on my favorites list. Funny how the Wiggles make it on to just about all of our lists... ;)

Blogs are a fun way to keep in touch!

Love you guys!

Jennifer

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Great job meeting the challenge! Diverse list - I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home