Saturday, December 31, 2005

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I hope that everyone had wonderful holidays! Ours were a little different this year, but still pretty nice. Jeremy was working 3rd shift for Christmas, so when he came home Christmas morning we spent a little time opening presents before he had to go to sleep. I met a really sweet older couple at church the weekend before who invited us to their family dinner Christmas Eve, so we went and I think that helped us a lot. It made it feel like we were doing something for the holiday even though we couldn't be there with our family and friends. We had a lot of fun watching Lana open her presents! She definitely got the concept!!! She didn't always open the presents fast, but she knew she was looking for toys and she got so excited! She opened David's too since he couldn't care less at this point! Well, it didn't really feel much like Christmas down here...but that really isn't much of a complaint! One thing I can say is I LOVE FLORIDA WEATHER! We go out and take walks and play outside nearly everyday...I think there may have been 2 days when it wasn't blue skies and sunshine for the entire month of December...much different than Michigan I hear (a whopping 7.3 hours I think)...Yes, I think there is a lot to be said for Florida! So today it got pretty warm and Jeremy wanted the air conditioning turned back on...December 31 with the air on! I love it! We brought in the New Year tonight a couple of hours early because Jeremy is on first shift all of next week so he has to go into work tomorrow early. I think he needs to leave the house at 5:30am! And I can get more sleep than him because for the past week David has been sleeping 10-12 hours a night! Yipee!!! David has been getting on his hands and knees for about a month now and rocking back and forth, and today he started to crawl! I am excited for him because I know he was getting frustrated, but a little nervous for myself! I am going to get my exercise! Well, here are recent pics... We miss all of you so much and thank God for you! Every night before she goes to bed Lana prays with us...tonight it was her turn to pray at the dinner table and it was so cute, she thanked God for her food and thanked him for "walks" and for "owside". I love her! We love you all!!!

David is looking up at his daddy! He gets so excited when he sees Jeremy!
My cute husband relaxing a bit on his day off! (I tease him about his little headset)
Lana playin outside...she loves our screened in porch!
Lana playing with her new shopping cart she got for Christmas! She wanted "Megan" to go with her to the store!





Lana and David have been playing "together" (next to each other) pretty well most of the time. David is interested in everything and has to taste test anything he can get his hands on! (Hmmm, this corn looks yummy)
David's "duhhh" face. Sometimes he has a bit of a staring problem. :)
We got to see Nanny and Aunt Jan on their way back up north. We went out for lunch and had a wonderful time together again!
Aunt Jan loved seeing the kids again and enjoyed getting to hold David for a while!
Here are the kids playing again...Lana loves to "play people" and David likes to eat little people!

1 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Trista said...

We miss you a lot! I'm glad you got to share Christmas with people from your church. David is crawling - wowwee! Lana is such a big girl with her prayer... Abby just said the sign of peace on her own for the first time last night ("Father, Son, Spirit, Ameen"), and it made me so happy. They grow up so fast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home