Saturday, February 04, 2006

Busy Little Bees!

Well our house has been pretty active lately! Lana is excited to use stamps and to color since she sees me scrapbooking. She has wanted to go play at the little playground here a lot so we go nearly everyday, and we usually get to see Katja and her daughter Amelia too. We love to take walks in the red wagon (from Nanny and Papa) to go "check the mail". David is standing up next to everything. When we are anywhere near him (standing or sitting) he will crawl quickly and start climbing up us. He is getting pretty good at it! He got his first tooth on January 31, but is still pretty grumpy lately since the one next to it is not quite in yet. Lana just came down with a cold too so she has been more whiney than normal. Sometimes I miss working... when they are both crabby it really makes me miss it! I am thankful that I have met some other really nice people here that I can talk to a bit or I think I might go nuts! Lana's new thing is saying "mommy" over and over and over again and when you say "what's up Lana?" she has no response...until you start doing something else again and then the "mommy, mommy" starts again! It is funny how I couldn't wait for her to say that word and now I don't think she ever stops talking unless she is asleep! She is a little sweetie though, if I bump my arm or something she comes and gives me a kiss so it will be "all better". I have been pretty busy lately too. I have been making more puzzles (for Lana and David since I hadn't gotten around to making them any yet). I am excited and I have decided to give all profits to charities because I believe I need to really love others and help like Jesus calls us to. I know that even $20 can go a long way to help people in poverty. This is an area of frustration for me concerning the church we have been going to. I am pretty upset with the goals of the church and I have been trying to get in to talk to one of the pastors there. It seems like most churches are pretty self-absorbed and superficial...I want to be a part of a community that really LOVES. I am not sure what I am "called" to do in my life, but I am pretty passionate about some things. I want to help provide for every need of everyone in the area I live, and I want to give as much as I can to help people who are persecuted or starving or oppressed. I know I am not rich, but I want to be a part of it. Maybe I have been so mad at the church here for a reason...maybe this is where God wants to use me...I don't really know, but I feel like I am open to anything now. I thank God for Mars Hill church and for the teaching pastor Rob Bell, and for our wonderful friends who have helped us to learn how to start living how Jesus really taught us to live. I feel excited about feeling like I am starting to "get it" and that God really can use me to make the world a little bit better. So, thanks Sam, Alexis, Alan, and Megan, We love you!!!
Ok, here is Lana having a great time with "Stamms"! She ended up with red ink all over her hands...and some on her face. (I guess she wanted a taste-test)
Thank God we have this gate! There are a whole bunch of stairs in our apartment and David LOVES to crawl over and climb up to stand by the gate...please God don't let him start really climbing for a long time!
Lana and her buddy Amelia like to go into the closets to play with toys, I guess it is their little fort.
Katja is a very talented singer (as is her husband Charles). Katja sang songs for the girls...Lana liked the wheels on the bus song and she joined in too. "wheels on the bus, beep beep beep" and she danced too! She's so cute! Both girls liked Katja's guitar, Amelia was pretty good at strumming it already...another musician?
David is so funny!!! He is talking here, he has a little raspy voice, but he can get pretty loud! I love it! My kids sure do keep me smiling and laughing!

1 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Trista said...

I'm excited that you are feeling called to contribute to the greater society by making your puzzles. That's so awesome! You always amaze me, Tracy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home