Friday, January 05, 2007

An EARie Problem

After several doctors appointments that found fluid behind David's eardrums, his doctor decided he should get his hearing checked. Unfortunately David failed it, which made me really upset because I thought about all of the things I say to him and when I sing to him and it made me sad that he was missing out on all of that. (When I thought more about it I figured it is probably better that he didn't hear me so well when I sing...Lana even tells me not to sing sometimes!) So on December 27th he got tubes put in both ears and his adenoids taken out. He was pretty tired and grumpy immediately following his surgery, but as soon as he got some graham crackers and a popsicle and some juice he was as happy as could be! He talked more that night than I think he ever did before then, and he has been talking so much since then! He says MANY more words and I can understand them more now, and he is trying to mimick the sounds we make. So now I feel happy...and apparently so does David!

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Mark said...

tubes are an amazing thing... suddenly the kids sleep better, talk better, get sick less often, and are just plain happier. yippee for modern wonders!

disclaimer: I suspect David might never stop talking now, if he's anything like Ethan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home