Friday, February 16, 2007

Stories to make you Smile!

Don't ya just love the cowboy hats? Rob and Dawne got those for the kids, and they LOVE them! David will play for the longest time with his on! :)
Lana likes it when I call her a "silly goose" because then she can say "no, YOU'RE a SILLY GOOSE!" and we can go back and forth for a long time and it makes her belly laugh...so today when we got in the car I scooped her up quick to set her in her carseat and it made her laugh and she said "You silly rooster!"

Lana loves the movie Cinderella. At one part of the movie she is singing the "Sing sweet nightingale" song while she washes the floor. So when she takes a bath she uses her Little Mermaid sponge (that Papa and Grandma Quist gave her) to wash the bathtub and she sings really loud "AHHHHHHHHHH, NIGHT AND DAY!"

David is talking so much more now that he got his tubes put in his ears. He is learning how to say "I love you" (David's version: "I you") He is cracking me up lately because whenever I put him in his carseat after about 5 minutes of driving he will start saying "stuck, stuck, stuck, stuck" over and over. Lana is such a comforter though and says in her gentle voice "Your supposed to be stuck David, then you're safe" She doesn't have a huge amount of patience yet though because if he keeps going with the "stuck, stuck" she yells it at him instead!

He also thinks everything is "yucky" He doesn't like dirt or playdough or fuzz on the floor. He scrunches up his face and says "yuck!" or "yucky!" and then laughs about it when he is clean again.

Don't we have cute kids?!

3 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Steve Philp said...

The cowboy hats are awesome!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Becky K said...

You have adorable kids! I love reading about how everyone's doing, and I miss having my own cute kid-isms to post. Glad to hear Davids doing well with his new ears too!

Love you all!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Oh my goodness we miss the kids so much! It is so great to hear about what is going on, but it is a little bittersweet because we aren't there to see it firsthand. I'm so glad you share the stories on this blog.

Tell Lana that I love the "Sing Sweet Nightingale" song myself, and I think I'll start singing her words instead now! It is so funny that David is fussy about yucky things too... you just assume that such a big boy would like dirt! Ethan doesn't like to be sticky or messy, either (although food ends up everywhere when he eats).

We are so lucky, Trac, to have four silly geese!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home